Alumnus, alumna, alumni, alumnae
alumnus = boy or man who was a pupil or student of a school, college or university
- IIM-Calcutta alumnus Shyam Srinivasan is the MD and CEO of Federal Bank.
alumna = girl or woman who was a pupil or student of a school, college or university
- Ms. Moly Sunny is an alumna of St. Joseph’s College, Irinjalakkuda.
- Chanda Kochhar, the MD and CEO of ICICI bank is alumna of University of Mumbai
alumni is the plural of alumnus (can include women also)
- Mammootty and Salim Kumar are alumni of Maharaja’s College, Ernakulam.
- Kavya and Mohan are alumni of IIT Bombay.
alumnae is the plural of alumna (when the group contains only women)
- Kavya and Kavita are alumnae of the Women’s Polytechnic.