Artist = a person who produces works in any of the arts subject to aesthetic criteria [ahr-tist]
1) Leonardo Da Vinci is one of the most famous artists in the world.
2) She is a tattoo artist in Cochin.
3) You’re an artist!
4) He is the greatest living artist.
Artiste = a skilled performer, especially a dancer, singer, or actor [ahr-teest]
1) Famous cine artiste Jagadish will be the chief judge.
2) Sambasivan is the most famous Kathaprasangam artiste from Kerala.
3) mime artiste, cine artiste, circus artistes, chat artiste, etc.
An Artiste is an artist specific to performing arts.The word ‘artiste‘ is pronounced with a longer ee sound in the middle.