At, On, In : Grammatical explanations will be unnecessary in this case. The examples given will clarify the usage.
- He arrived at 10 o’ clock.
- I will meet you at Bolgatty Palace.
- At present I have no idea to marry her.
- He is very busy at the moment. I am afraid you can’t meet him now.
- At midnight, at sunset, at lunchtime etc
Note : We don’t usually say, ‘ At what time…?
- What time are you going out this evening?
- She arrived on Friday.
- He will fly to New York on 25th December.
- On Christmas day
- On my birthday
- In the morning/ afternoon/ evening
- In December, in 1999 etc
Note: We do not use AT/ON/IN before Last/ Next/ This/ Every.
- I will see you next Friday.
- They got married last February.
- I am meeting him this evening.
- We met him last month at Hotel Indraprastha.