desert = (noun) A desert is a barren area of landscape where little rain occurs and consequently living conditions are hostile for plant and animal life.
- Arabian desert, Sahara desert, Thar desert etc.
dessert = (noun) course of fruit etc. at the end of a meal.
- We had ice-cream for dessert.
- They had arranged a large choice of desserts at the wedding party.
desert = ( verb) 1. go away from
- The streets were deserted on the day of harthal.
desert= (verb ) 2. leave without help or support, especially in a cruel way.
- He deserted his ailing parents and went after his hobbies with friends
deserts = (noun, plural) what somebody deserves, if bad.
- You will be punished according to your deserts.
- A time will come when you’ll have to meet with your deserts.