Enclave vs. Conclave
Enclave = a group of people who are different from the people living in the surrounding area.
- A Tamil speaking enclave in London.
- Vatican city is an example of an enclave in Rome.
- The central part of Thrissur city is a Christian enclave.
- That territory is an American enclave inside Afghanistan.
Conclave = Conference, convention, session etc.
- The annual conclave of newspaper publishers.
- The Young Women’s Leadership Conclave held at Thrissur at the initiative of Prof.Philip Sabu evoked tremendous response from the public.
(2) conclave = a confidential or secret meeting.
- A conclave of political leaders.
- The conclave of cardinals elected the new Pope.