import – usages
1) import (noun) = a commodity or service brought in from abroad.
- An import in the receiving country is an export from the sending country.
2) import (verb)
- India imports petroleum products from Gulf countries.
3) IMPORT (noun) = what is implied, the implicit meaning or significance of something; gist, sum and substance, tenor, implication.
- The import of her message is clear.
- What is the import of the statement?
- Prof. Martin of Federal College explained in detail the import of the legal term ‘Commodatum’.