Ingenious vs. Ingenuous
Ingenious = very intelligent or skillful, inventive, very smart and clever.
- An ingenious person/idea/machine/solution etc.
- The new computer boasts a number of ingenious features.
- He devised an ingenious solution to the problem.
- (noun) ingenuity.
Ingenuous = ( often derog)( of a person or their behaviour) naïve, artless, frank, over-trusting, inexperienced.
- Only the most ingenuous person would believe such a feeble excuse.
- It was rather ingenuous of her to ask a complete stranger to take care of her luggage.
- He seemed too ingenuous for a reporter.
- (noun) ingenuousness.