- 1. male teacher.
- 2. man who has others working under him.
- 3. the Master = Jesus Christ.
- 4. Master of arts/Science etc = holder of the second university degree.
- 5. (with a boy’s name) up to about 14 years of age.
- 6. old masters = the great painters of 13th to 17th century.
Maestro = eminent music composer , teacher of music or conductor( Plural – maestri).
- Johnson( popularly known as Johnson master) was a great maestro and he composed a number of soulful melodies.
- Ouseppachan is a violin maestro and music composer.
- Late Balabhaskar and late Ustad Gohar Ali Khan were great Indian violin maestri.