Select as an adjective
select (adjective) = 1. (of a group of people or things) carefully chosen from a larger number as being the best or most valuable;
2. (of a place or group of people) only used by or consisting of a wealthy or sophisticated elite; exclusive.
- Renz is studying in a select school at Kakkanad.
- A select club of the upper class.
- The programme was conducted for a small and highly select audience.
- He only drinks select wines.
- They are living in a select area of London.
select (verb) = choose.
- To select a book.
- He has been selected to lead the delegation.
- How do you select people for promotion?
- The selected candidates may appear for the medical test.
- It has been distributed to selected bookshops in Chennai.