Status or status quo?
status = standing; the situation at a particular time during a process
- What is the patient’s medical status?
- His financial status is better after joining the new company.
- What is the status of my Amazon order?
- Legal status, socioeconomic status, relationship status, etc.
status also means relative social or professional position
- Many young people desire status and security.
- India has achieved improvement in the status of women.
status quo = as it is now; the existing state of affairs (particularly with regard to social or political issues)
- We don’t want to admit new members to the club; we like to maintain the status quo.
- They have no wish for any change in the status quo.
- He emphasized the need to maintain the status quo.