Talk shop = talk about work/job when you are not at work( with those you work with).
- Even at a party they have to talk shop , i.e talk about one’s work and this is boring for the other people who do not do the same work.
- Please don’t talk shop. It’s too boring for the rest of us.
Spread the word = communicate a message to a lot of people.
- We have arranged a meeting for next Thursday so if you see anyone do spread the word.
- Hey, the game is cancelled due to the rain- spread the word.
- Spread the word that we are leaving in five minutes.
Keep track = to make certain that you know what is happening or has happened to something/someone.
- My sister has had so many jobs , it’s hard for me to keep track (of what she is doing).
- You have so many students. I really wonder how you keep track of them all.
- (Opp) I’ve lost track of the number of times I’ve lost my keys.