Green with envy = very envious or jealous.
- Renz is heading off to Dubai for a week, and I am green with envy.
- Singapore’s economy turned the world green with envy.
Get green fingers or have green thumb = be good at gardening or planting seedlings.
- My mother has got green fingers. Everything she plants in the garden grows well.
- My husband has green thumb.
- His sister can keep any plant alive, even the ones that he’s nearly killed; she seriously has green fingers.
Green light = permission.
- The council has given the green light to the new shopping centre.
- We’re just waiting to get green light from our managers before we release the latest software update.
- As soon as we get the green light , we’ll start advertising for new staff.