Vindicate vs Vindictive
Vindicate = (verb) justify, substantiate, confirm.
- Vindicate a claim.
- Vindicate one’s title to a claim.
- Vindicate the veracity of one’s judgement.
- Events have vindicated his judgement/action.
- These discoveries vindicate his theories.
- (2) To clear of accusation ,blame or doubt with supporting argument/proof.
- He will be completely vindicated by the evidence.
- He felt vindicated when the truth became known.
Vindictive = (adjective) unforgiving ,vengeful, disposed to seek revenge.
- He’s a vindictive man.
- Her mother-in-law is a vindictive woman who burned all her clothes.
- ‘ Why are you so vindictive towards me’ she said.
- The vindictiveness of the two brothers caused them to constantly fight.
- She thinks I’m very crazy and vindictive.