A broad classification of people on the basis of their age group
- Sexagenarian = A person who is between 60 and 69 years old.
- Septuagenarian = between 70 and 79 years old
- Octogenarian = between 80 and 89 years old.
- Nonagenarian = between 90 and 99 years old.
- Centenarian = between 100 and above
Connected usages :
On the right/wrong side of
- He is on the right side of sixty. (He is below sixty years)
- I am on the wrong of side of sixty. (I am over sixty years)
Centenary (noun, adjective) = a period of 100 years
- Centenary celebrations of the school. (adjective)
- They are celebrating the centenary of their school. (noun)
Centurion = (in ancient Rome) leader of a unit of 100 soldiers
Note : The following explanations are to be taken in an approximate sense and slight variations are expected from author to author or dictionary to dictionary and that is justifiably acceptable also. (incidentally, no grammar rule is without exception)
- Early sixties = 60 to 63 years.
- Mid sixties = 64 to 67 years.
- Late sixties = 68 to 69 years.
- A man in his mid sixties = A man between 64 to 67 years.