Antics = Foolish or amusing behaviour e.g by a clown at circus etc.( when you pronounce this word give stress at the first syllable.)
- In the movie the comedian displays his antics and mannerisms.
- Their physical antics and comic duets made the audience laugh.
- She had little patience for his antics and stupidity.
- The antics of our own political parties.
- The clown’s antics made the children laugh.
Antique = Belonging to the past e.g a piece of furniture , a work of art etc. ( Here you give stress at the second syllable)
- She loves collecting antiques (noun)
- I can’t give away my grandfather’s walking stick. It’s an invaluable antique for me! (noun)
- Antique shop = ( a shop where antiques are sold. (adjective)
- An antique clock. (adjective)
- Statues of antique gods. (adjective)