Appreciative vs. Appreciable
Appreciative = feeling or showing gratitude, pleasure ; understanding.
- The opening lecture of his course was listened to by a large and appreciative audience.
- He was an earnest and appreciative student.
- I am appreciative of your efforts to improve the lots of orphans.
- He smiled appreciatively at her.
- Her novel received a number of appreciative reviews.
- I am appreciative of the support and help given by you in my extremities.
Appreciable = considerable, substantial, large or important enough to be noticed.
- Pupils may have to travel appreciable distances.
- An appreciable amount of liquor is being consumed in Kerala , which is not a healthy trend.
- He perceived an appreciable difference in the enthusiasm of students after the new principal took charge.
- After using chemical manures , there was an appreciable improvement in the agricultural productivity.