Biannual = occurring twice a year.
- The committee published its biannual report as on 30th June and the next report is due by 31st December. (i.e. two reports in a year)
Annual = occurring once every year; covering the period of one year.
- The income tax is computed on the basis of one’s annual income.
- The Bank employees get reimbursements on the expenses on their annual physical check-up.
- It’s mandatory for companies to publish annual reports. (i.e. yearly once)
Biennial = occurring every two years. (i.e. once in two years)
- Biennial games
- Biennials are plants that live two years bearing flowers and fruit in the second year.