Confident = (adjective) showing confidence.
- We are confident of success.
- The class teacher made a confident prediction that Rahim would secure the first rank.
- She was a confident swimmer.
- I feel much more confident about using the web now.
- I am confident that I have chosen the right job.
Confidant = (noun) A person to whom one tells one’s secrets or with whom one talks about personal matters.
- In prison the killer told his confidant, his roommate, about all the murders he had committed.
- The patient knows their doctor is a confidant who will never reveal the secrecy of their illness.
- As she feels her husband is her confidant, she tells everything to him.
Note:- The feminine gender of confidant is confidante.(very rarely used and the pronunciation is the same).