Dependent vs. Dependant
Dependent = (adjective) depending on/upon someone or something.
- He is dependent on his parents as he is out of job.
- success in your career is dependent upon your hard work and determination.
- The majority of Indian farmers are dependent on traditional methods of cultivation.
Dependant=(noun) someone who depends upon another or others for a home, food etc.
- Bank employees can claim reimbursement on the medical expenses of their dependants also.
- All his children are minor and therefore they are fully his dependants.
- Married women receive only the basic pension as their husbands’ dependants.