Emotional = (of persons) having feelings that are easily excited and openly displayed.
- I have just been so emotional.
- He talked in a voice with emotional vibrations.
- Neethu easily gets emotional when it comes to her daughter’s health.
- He gave his son emotional support when his plans backfired on him.
Emotive = Likely to cause high emotions or arousing or able to arouse intense feelings.
- He used highly emotive language to stir the public feelings.
- Human trafficking is a highly emotive issue capturing public attention.