Examples related to ‘ Used to’ (Be/get used to something.)
- Our new boss is an American. When he came to India he found driving on the left difficult. Because. he wasn’t used to it. OR – he wasn’t used to driving on the left.
He came to understand he had to practise it well before he could drive on road safely.
After a lot of practice, driving on the left has become easy to him. Now he has got used to driving on the left.
- I was not used to the weather in London, so I returned immediately.
- Our new flat is on a busy street. I expect we will get used to the noise, at the moment it’s very disturbing.
- Johny has been transferred to Kochi, 70 km away from home . Now he has to get up by 5′ o clock in the morning. He finds it difficult because he isn’t used to getting up so early.
- These people are from a remote village. They are not used to the city style of life.