Grocery/groceries = items of food sold in a grocer’s shop such as flour ,sugar, tinned food etc.
Green grocer = shopkeeper selling vegetables and fruit.
Related usages : to the grocer/to the grocer’s = to the grocer’s shop.
- He has gone to the grocer’s.
- Similar usages : to the baker/ to the baker’s
- Are you going to the baker/to the baker’s?
- to the butcher/to the butcher’s
- to the doctor/to the doctor’s.
Provisions = (plural) supplies of food and other necessary things such buckets, cups and detergents etc
- Provisions for journey.( Not provision)
- But , a provision merchant/shop. ( Not provisions)
- Note:- All groceries can be provisions, but all provisions are not groceries.