Housewife =(female) a married woman who doesn’t have a full-time job outside the house.
- She doesn’t want to give up her job and become a housewife.
- Most women in Kerala don’t necessarily give up their jobs and become housewives when they get married.
Househusband =(male) a husband who stays at home and cleans the house, cooks meals etc while his wife goes out to work.
- He married a well-qualified nurse working abroad with good salary and perquisites (perks) and now he is a happy househusband.
- Now-a-days the number of househusbands is increasing day-by-day and the employed wives happily welcome the trend.
Homemaker =(male or female) a person who manages a home and often raises children instead of earning money from job.
- Moly was earning more as teacher than Sunny as a banker, so they agreed that Sunny would be the homemaker when their second child Jithu was born.
- In the olden times when I was a child , menfolk thought that it was shameful to be a homemaker.
- His wife is a good homemaker.