This part deals with the wishful thinking of someone about how good/happy it would be to have/possess something in the present though actually they don’t possess it.
- She wishes she had a post-graduation in Science.(but she has no PG in Science)
- He wishes he had a CRETA car.( i.e actually he doesn’t possess a CRETA car)
- She wishes she had long beautiful hair.( NOT she has long…)
- The Head Mistress wishes the school had a beautiful garden.(NOT school has…)
- John wishes he had a motorbike.(NOT he has.a botorbike..)
- The poor man wishes he had his own house.(NOT the poor man wishes he has…….)
- I wish I had enough money to help you ( but the fact is that I don’t have enough money)