This part deals with the present thinking of someone about a non-existent state which someone wishes for.
- I wish I was/were healthy like you. (i.e I’m not healthy like you)
- I wish I weren’t a heart patient. ( but unfortunately I am a heart patient)
- She wishes she was/were as beautiful as Iswarya Ray.( but she isn’t)
- He wishes he was/were as strong as Mohammed Ali.
- I wish it was/were possible.
- It’s very crowded here. I wish there weren’t so many people.(but there are a lot of people)
- I wish he were/was here to see all my achievements.( but he is no more to witness my achievements)