– create and perform (music, drama, or verse) spontaneously or without preparation; speak impromptu
- A good actor should be able to improvise in case he forgets his dialogue.
- The pianist improvised an accompaniment to the song.
- Carnatic musician Dr. V.R. Dilipkumar is an expert in raga improvisation.
– produce or make something from what is available
- An improvised meal for unexpected guests
- We improvised a mattress from a pile of blankets.
improve = become or make better
- Her health is improving
- The government should take measures to improve the living conditions of the poor.