Rent or rent out?
rent = occupy or use something (land, building, car, etc.) for rent (payment)
- We don’t own our house, we rent it from Mr. Jorty
- On vacation to Bangalore, we rented a car to get about
- There are villas for rent in the city
rent out = allow someone to use something in return for payment
- My brother has a villa that he rents out to tourists
- The company rents out office space to business
- She rents out one of her rooms to students
- If you don’t want to sell it, why don’t you rent it out?