Incidents vs. incidence
Incident = event, happening which attract general attention.
- The government regretted the incident.
- Several people were injured in the incident.
- Many such incidents go unreported and the guilty escape punishment.
- Two people were shot yesterday in two separate incidents.
Incidence = The rate, or frequency of a disease, crime or other undesirable things.
- Now there is an increased incidence of cancer among city dwellers.
- Records prove that there is a high incidence of heart disease in men over 50.
- High incidence of malaria has been reported in the area.
- This area has a high incidence of crime, disease and unemployment.