Respectable, respectful and respective?
Respectable = deserving respect.
- He is a man of respectable appearance.
- She comes from a highly respectable middle-class family.
- She established herself as a respectable political leader.
Respectful = showing respect.
- They stood at a respectful distance from the Governor.
- A uniformed attendant gave us a respectful salute.
- Above all, try to be respectful and considerate to old people.
Respective = relevant; corresponding; appropriate.
- All are requested to go back to your own respective seats!
- After the programme, the students went off to their respective rooms. (i.e., went to their own rooms.)
- The representatives explained the situations of their respective countries.
Respectively = in the order mentioned.
- In February and March, the profits of the company grew 20% and 25% respectively.
- First, second and third place in the competition went to Rahul, Renz and Rozanne respectively.