Make it = (1) Be able to be present at a particular event; to manage to arrive on time.
- We just made it in time for the wedding despite the unexpected harthal.
- I don’t know whether I will be able to make it to Kochi for the cricket match.
- I can’t make it to Chicago for the DCP meet.
- I’m sorry, I can’t make it on Tuesday.
- Can you make it on Wednesday?
- I can’t make it tomorrow.
(2) to succeed in a particular activity.
- Latha Mangeshkar made it in the music world when she was very young.
- Nivin Pauly has been able to make it as a hero in Malayalam films.
- Did he make it as an engineer?
- He did, and he has his uncle to thank for that.
- I’m sure she’ll make it as a nurse; she’s very caring.