My own…/ Your own etc : We can use ‘Own ‘ as a pronoun after a possessive determiner ( example. my, her, our etc). You cannot say ‘ an own house, an own car etc ‘
- My own flat, your own car, her own room etc.
- This is my brother’s laptop . My own is being repaired.
- I didn’t have a flat of my own when I was a student.
- He has his own car.
- He doesn’t like to share his study room with his brother. He wants his own room.
- Our bank has a parking place of its own.
- They live in their own house.
- How can you blame me? Its your own flat.