Needy = very poor, being in need, lacking the necessities of life.
- There are many needy people in our village.
- The government should earmark funds to extend humanitarian assistance to the needy.
- During the worst flood Kerala has ever witnessed the youngsters went around and collected food and clothes for the needy.
- The banks should come forward to assist the needy families with interest-free loans for the education of their children.
Needful = what is necessary, requisite.
- You may forward the application before it is too late, and we will do the needful.
- The flood situation is very grave and so the matter should be dealt with the needful urgency and attention.
- It is the duty of the police to do the needful when there is a break-out of violence.