Petrol = it is a liquid which is used as a fuel for motor vehicles.
- There is a choice of petrol and diesel engines.
- The car was fully supplied with petrol and water.
- We had to stop at the next petrol station.
- petrol fumes/tank.
Patrol = ( especially of soldiers or the police) to go around an area or a building to see if there is any trouble or danger.
- The soldiers on patrol duty.
- The whole area is patrolled by the CRPF because of the possibility of riots.
- The police found a deserted car while on patrol after midnight.
- Security guards are posted to patrol the folklore museum consequent to the threat from militants.
Note:- Petrol- the stress is at the first syllable.; Patrol – the stress is at the second syllable.