notorious = infamous; famous for something bad.
- A notorious criminal.
- The canal is notorious for its pollution.
- He is a notorious drinker and gambler.
- An area notorious for crime and violence.
notarial = related to the work of a Notary Public(= a type of lawyer who has the authority to see that documents are correctly signed or that they are true copies)
- The will was duly signed and witnessed, and bore a notarial seal.
- Notarial services.
- Notarial fees.
- Based on the records, two lawyers were suspended from the practice of law and notarial practice.