Obsolete = no longer used ; completely out of date.
- If a company wants to remain competitive , it should replace all its old and obsolete equipment.
- Old technology is becoming obsolete because of the dramatic pace of development in the field.
- Technological advancements can render some jobs and even the whole industry obsolete.
Obsolescent = becoming obsolete; going out of use/fashion.
- The planned obsolescence or built-in obsolescence ( a management terminology used for making a preplanning in such a way that the existing product becomes less attractive with entry of the new product) makes the existing product less attractive by the introduction of the new product with additional functionalities.
- Electronic equipment and gadgets are subject to fast obsolescence.
- Any technology is obsolescent and it is bound to become obsolete one day.