Reminder vs. Remainder
Reminder = something( eg . a letter) that helps someone to remember something; prompting.
- She hasn’t paid me that money yet – I must send her a reminder.
- Granny sometimes needed the old reminder.
- He’ll forget to call the doctor, if I don’t remind him.
- His stomach growled a reminder that he hadn’t eaten breakfast.
- His reminder of her failure left a bitter taste to her mouth.
Remainder = (1) the rest ,balance, what is left when a part is taken away.
- Fifty members are elected directly and the remainder by proportional representation.
- The remainder of the population is chiefly made up of the Bangla speaking people from west Bengal.
(2) ,(math) what is left when a smaller number is subtracted from a larger one.
- An example of a remainder is the number 5 in the equation , twelve minus seven. 12-7 =5.