Pass away= die ( a euphemistic or polite expression)
- He passed away by a massive heart attack at his house.
- He amassed a lot of wealth, but unfortunately he passed away even before he could enjoy a bit of it.
- His unexpected passing away last year left the poor family in great shock and tragedy.
- He is afraid he won’t be able to pass away peacefully because of his family problems.
Pass out = (1) to become unconscious for a short time; faint.
- He was hit down by a bike and he passed out at the spot.
- In Delhi many people passed out from the heat wave.
- Several girls passed out and had to be carried off the field.
- (2) pass out (of) – leave a college etc having passed one’s examinations.
- Neethu Sunny passed out from Sahrdaya Engg College in the year 2010 and presently working as a Software Engineer in Cognizant.
- Tomi passed out from Federal College in the year 1978 and worked in Federal Bank for a couple of years and opted out to work as a Sergeant in Chicago Police.
Passing out ceremony /parade – a function especially for cadets who have completed their training.