Postpone(v) = put off until another time.
- The management decided to postpone the exams to the next month.
- The meeting was postponed for another week.
- The members feel it would be wrong to postpone such a crucial debate until some future date.
Advance(v) = move forward in time to make it earlier.
- The date of the meeting was advanced from 20th Dec to 5th Dec.
- They advanced the date of their daughter’s marriage to January in view of her University exams due in March.
[i.e., ‘advance’ is the opposite of ‘postpone’]