Prospectus = brochure; a document giving details of a college, school or business and its activities.
- You will find details of all our courses in the prospectus attached.
- A school or company prospectus.
Prospects = possibilities, future, scope.
- You should have better job prospects with a post graduate degree in Commerce.
- The manager held out bright prospects if I would accept the position.
- The accident darkened his prospects of becoming a good football player.
Prospective = potential, probable, likely to be, with effect from future.
- You should make advertisements to attract prospective buyers.
- The government informed that benefits would be available with effect from a prospective date, and not from a past date as demanded by employees’ union.
Retrospective = (of laws, payments etc.) applying to the past, not restricted to the future.
- A retrospective wage increase.
- The benefits will be available to the staff with retrospective effect from last financial year.