Prostate or prostrate?
prostate(gland) = gland in male mammals at the neck of the bladder; inflammation of this
- He had a prostate operation last year
- What are common prostate problems?
- Enlarged prostate = Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy(BPH)
prostrate(adj) = lying stretched out on the ground, usually face downward eg. because exhausted, or to show submission, deep respect.
- She was lying prostrate on the bed
- They were prostrate from the heat
- (verb) The man prostrated himself on the bare floor of the church
- (noun) One of the runners collapsed and was carried off in a state of prostration.