reverent = feeling or showing reverence; worshipful
- Solon has/shows/feels great reverence for his professors.
- The Bishop’s sermon was received in reverent silence.
- He touched his music book reverently before he started the recital.
reverend = deserving to be treated with respect (because of age, character, etc.)
The Rev. (usually shortened in writing) used as a title of a clergyman
- The Rev. Father Babu Chelappadan
- The Very Rev. Scaria (Dean)
- The Right Rev. Andrews Thazhath (Bishop)
- The Most Rev. Dr. Mar Aprem Metropolitan (Arch Bishop)
Rev. Mother = Mother Superior of a convent