Respondent = a person who replies to something, especially one supplying information for a questionnaire.
- The majority of respondents were of the opinion that there was no chance for an early poll.
- Some of the respondents were not willing to give more details about the controversial issue.
Correspondent = a person employed to report for a newspaper or broadcasting organisation; reporter, journalist etc.
- A football correspondent.
- He was a war correspondent.
- Their foreign correspondent passed on more information regarding the outcome of the election.