Kind vs. kindly
Kind = (adjective) generous ,helpful and thinking about other people’s feelings/problems/difficulties etc.
- A kind person/action.
- She’s very kind to animals.
- It was very kind of you to visit me.
Kindly = (adverb) 1. in a kind way.
- She spoke kindly to the old man.
- They treated me kindly.
(2) – (esp.used to show annoyance) = please
- Will you kindly put that book back?
- (OR) Kindly put it back.
- Would you kindly explain the matter a little more clearly.
(3) ;( adjective -formal) friendly, pleasantly or generous , especially to those who are younger, weaker or less important than oneself.; warm , kindhearted.
- A kindly uncle/smile.
- She was a kindly old lady.
- He is a kindly old professor.