1) Reward = that which is offered or given in return for some service.
- Work without the hope of reward.
- The company rewarded him with a promotion.
- I won’t recommend giving sweets to children as a reward for being good.
- I find learning languages to be very rewarding.
- He deserves a reward for his efforts
2) Reward = a sum of money offered to anyone who can give information about lost or stolen property or about someone who is wanted by the police.
- The police have offered a reward of Rs. 10000/- for information leading to the arrest of the culprit.
Award = A prize or other mark of recognition given in honor of an achievement.
- Mohanlal was given the state award for the best actor.
- The Bank has declared the award for the best performer of the year.
- The company receives an award that can be a great way to market its products by gaining the trust of the public.
- He was awarded the Nobel prize for literature in 1908.
- Sulaiman was given the PWD award for the best Road roller driver.