(A) Shine =(transitive verb) to make something bright by rubbing it. (shine-shined-shined)
- “Have you shined your belt? “.the senior police officer asked the new cadet.
- It’s his practice to shine his shoes well before going to the office.
- He ironed his shirt and shined his shoes for the interview.
- The policeman walked along the street ,shining a torch into every car.
- The soldier shined his sword before entering into the battlefield.
(B) Shine =(intransitive verb) -( 1) of the sun or other sources of light ) beam, radiate, glow etc.(shine-shone-shone)
- The sun shone through the window .
- His face shone out with excitement.
- Wear dark glasses so that the sun won’t shine in your eyes.
(2) be very talented and perform well
- She shone at Mathematics in her quarterly exams.
- He’s terrible at languages, but shines at science.