(1) Be supposed to: it is believed/ said.
- It’s supposed to be the best restaurant available in the town.
- He is supposed to be a modern writer.
- He is supposed to be the richest person in the locality.
(2) Something is supposed to happen = It is planned, arranged or expected.
- I am supposed to meet him at 10.00 am at the Hotel Casino.
- The attendant was supposed to keep the Board Room clean and tidy before the meeting.
- The train is supposed to arrive within 10 minutes.
- Monsoon is supposed to reach within a couple of days.
- You were supposed to come before 10 o’ clock . Why did you fail to come?
(3) You ‘re not supposed to do something = It’s not allowed or advisable for you to do it.
- You are not supposed to smoke here. This is a smoke-free area.
- You are not supposed to park your car here. This area is meant for doctors.
- You are too weak to do any heavy work. You’re not supposed to do any heavy work.(i.e doctors have advised him against doing any heavy work)
- We were supposed to speak in English only within the campus of Federal College.