Thanks to – usage?
Thanks = expression of gratitude
- kneel and give thanks to God.
- A: Shall I help you with the luggage?
B: No, thanks.
- ‘No, thank you’ OR ‘No, thanks’ – used to decline an offer.
(Note that here ‘No’ is essential)
Thank you is used for acceptance and may mean ‘yes, please‘.
- A: Shall I lend you my umbrella?
B: Oh, thank you.
- Thank you for giving me a chance to explain the situation.
Thanks to = As a result of; owing to; due to.
- The case went poorly thanks to the lawyer’s incompetence.
- Thanks to the microwave oven, we always have a hot breakfast.
- Thanks to the timely intervention of the fishermen, a major disaster was averted.
- We were able to reach there in time thanks to your help.