Useful Idioms – part 17
Take kindly to = be receptive to , attracted by or pleased with; like something.
- He won’t take kindly to your stepping on his newly planted grass.
- She doesn’t take kindly to anyone drinking her soft drinks.
- I hope they will take kindly to our request.
Don’t know which way to turn or where to turn = to be unsure of what to do or whom to ask for help.
- When he lost his job, he didn’t know where to ask for help.
- When I had a massive heart attack unexpectedly , I didn’t know which way to turn for meeting my hospital expenses.
- When he was hard up for money during his house construction, he didn’t know which way to turn.