Go/run like clockwork = it happens exactly as planned and without problems.
- The party went like clockwork.
- Everyday he comes here for a cup of coffee at 3.00 p.m like clockwork.
- He soon had the household running like clockwork.
- The journey to the tourist destination went like clockwork.
Start from scratch = go right back to the beginning and start again.
- He built his own computer company from scratch.
- My template got deleted so now I have to write the whole report from scratch.
- Building a home from scratch can be both exciting and challenging.
Once and for all ( or once for all) = finally and definitely.
- The government should do something to solve the problem of illegal drugs once and for all.
- We have to resolve the matter once and for all.
- We have to decide , once and for all, whether we want to ask Dad for money.
- The president is hoping to silence critics once and for all with the latest law.