Valuation = “an estimation of the worth of something, such as price, value etc.”
- When company ‘A’ takes over company ‘B’, proper valuation of the assets and liabilities of company ‘B’ should be done.
- It’s wise to get the valuation carried out by a professional valuer.
- The company was acquired at a high valuation.
Evaluation = “making a JUDGEMENT or assessment of merit, significance of something or somebody”
- What’s your evaluation of his acting talent?
- The teacher had a poor evaluation about the student’s learning capacity.
- The patient is undergoing a psychiatric evaluation.
- As part of a standard evaluation, job applicants are given a series of tests to measure the level of their intelligence and suitability.